About the Tybee Post Theater
The historic Tybee Post Theater, set in the heart of the Fort Screven Historic District, was constructed in 1930 as a movie house for the soldiers stationed at the Army base. After going dark in the mid-1960s, the curtain was raised for the first time in 50 years in September 2015, reborn as a performing arts and movie venue for Tybee residents and visitors alike.
This important landmark was saved from demolition in 2000 by the City of Tybee Island and the Tybee Island Historical Society. The non-profit Friends of the Tybee Theater was created to raise the funds necessary to purchase and restore this local treasure into a cultural arts center unlike any in the Savannah area. Today, the Tybee Post Theater stands as a symbol of Tybee Island’s commitment to historic preservation and the value we place on our cultural heritage.
Step inside these doors, and you will experience:
· A concert hall to showcase live music, dance and comedy performances;
· A stage for local and touring theatrical troupes;
· A movie house for first run, classic and children’s films;
· A cultural venue for readings, recitals, assemblies and educational programming for children;
· A unique venue for your wedding, corporate meetings, private screenings, film/photo shoots.
So check out our site, become a member or a sponsor, donate to our cause, buy a ticket, and please sign up for our e-newsletter and “Like” our Facebook page to stay up on all the latest news.
Tybee Vacation Rentals is a GA Licensed Real Estate Firm - Lic# H-43660 Web Design by InterCoastal Net Designs