Tybee Vacation Rentals Commitment
On May 1, 2020, Tybee Beaches and vacation rentals were opened without restrictions. Businesses and restaurants are open to varying degrees, and more continue to open weekly. Because restaurants are adapting to new policies and restrictions, the wait time can be quite long for both dine-in and carry out service. Guests should plan accordingly for wait times or plan ahead to prepare meals in the comfort of your vacation home.
Our local Guest Services Agents are here to help you answer any questions you may have 7 days a week. Please call at 866.935.4021, chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We continue to make updates to our website to address our guest's most frequently asked questions.
House Cleaning And Linen Standards
Cleanliness has always been a top priority. The TVR housekeeping staff is trained to use the best hygiene practices focusing on sanitization and disinfection. We clean “high touch” items, hard surfaces, floors, countertops, railings, sink faucets, appliances, doorknobs, light switches, and other surfaces.
Our housekeeping team and linen facility utilize high-quality products, including chemicals and disinfectants that are effective against bacteria and viruses per EPA guidelines. Linens and towels are laundered offsite at our professional laundry which utilizes advanced Ozone Laundry Disinfection Systems. Our team is committed to following the best practices and proven cleaning protocols at all times for the safety of our guests and our employees. Click here for more information on TVR's housekeeping and linen standards.
Booking And Cancellation Policies - Your Travel Flexibility
Policy updates effective May 13, 2020
Existing Summer 2020 Reservations (May – September): Tybee beaches are open and as of May 1st we have been welcoming guests on both Tybee Island and in Savannah. Guests with questions or concerns regarding cancellation policies for reservations should contact TVR Guest Services.
We ask that if you have determined you will not be able to travel for your stay to please contact us to cancel as soon as possible.
New Reservations - Valid for stays booked on or after March 19
- Arrivals May 1 - May 31, 2020: New short term reservations will have the ability to cancel prior to 48 hours before arrival. Guests choosing to cancel their stay during this time can receive a 100% travel credit* to use on a future stay within a year of their original dates, no refunds options will be available. Reservations canceled after the 48-hour deadline will be subject to our standard cancellation policy as noted in your rental agreement.
- Arrivals June 1 - September 30, 2020: New short term reservations will have the ability to cancel prior to 15 days before arrival. Guests choosing to cancel their stay during this time can receive a 100% travel credit* to use on a future stay within a year of their original dates, no refunds options will be available. Reservations canceled on or after the final payment due date will be subject to our standard cancellation policy as noted in your rental agreement.
- Arrivals beginning October 1, 2020: Our standard cancellation policy remains in effect for all reservations arriving beginning October 1, 2020.
Cancellations with a Generali/CSA Trip Insurance Policy: Guests who purchased travel insurance through TVR and cancel or receive credit may request a voucher for their trip insurance policy to be used on a future stay. Currently valid on reservations through May 31, 2020.
This information was last updated on May 13, 2020.
Please also make sure to review our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Short Term Vacation Rentals, Hotels, and the Tybee Campground are open.
- Tybee Island Beach is open. All restrictions on the use of the beach have been lifted. Lifeguard season starts Friday, May 22nd. Please remember to stay off the dunes. It is unlawful for any person to pick, gather, remove, walk-in, or otherwise disturb the vegetation present on the sand dunes, including sea oats. It's sea turtle nesting season. Please restrict the use of the lights on the beach at night and do not disturb marked nests. Should you discover an unmarked nest contact Tybee Marine Science Center at 912.786.5917.
- The City of Tybee and The City of Savannah along with local businesses and restaurants in each city are opening slowly starting May 1, 2020. Restaurants are open to varying degrees. Bars, nightclubs, and performance venues remain closed. Because restaurants have restrictions, including restrictions on the number of dine-in seats, wait time can be quite long. Guests should plan for meals at your vacation home and bring the food and provisions for meal preparation. For status of events and businesses Click here for our most updated list of known closures and cancellations.
- Social Distancing, Gatherings, and Face Coverings: Current orders from the Georgia Governor require social distancing, no gatherings of more than 10 people, and recommended use of a face mask in close public spaces such as grocery stores, restaurants, and stores.
Pools And Hot Tubs
Homes with private pools and hot tubes will be cleaned and ready for you to enjoy. All of our pools and hot tub properties are on a routine pool cleaning schedule. A skimmer is provided to help in between services or if we have any weather that may result in excessive debris. For safety reasons, pool services not available while guests are present at the pool. Guest are asked to leave the pool area so the tech can perform the service safely
Condo/Resort pools: Varies depending on complex - Brass Rail Villa's Pool opened May 15th. HOA's will continue to approve pool re-openings with occupancy limits and daily cleaning/sanitizing processes. Please email us at email@example.com for questions regarding specific complex pools.