Pet-Friendly Vacation Rentals
Bring the entire family! Tybee Vacation Rentals offers over 100 pet-friendly vacation rentals to select from. There is so much to do with your dog when visiting Tybee and Savannah. Both offer many dog-friendly activities and many restaurants with outdoor seating that are happy to have your furry friend join you. Tybee and Savannah have a sub-tropical climate. Make sure to keep your dog well-hydrated and cool with plenty of water and shade. The strong summer sun makes for very hot pavement, so providing shade is very important and morning and evening walks are best. Coming in the offseason? It is a beautiful time and the temperature is perfect to spend outside with your pet! Also, be sure to read the rules and tips below. Above all else, please have a doggone good time!
For ideas on how to spend your vacation with your furry friend, check out our Planning A Pet-Friendly Vacation blog.
- Tybee Island Dog Park: Located on Van Horne St., just past the Police Station. The fenced enclosure allows your dog to enjoy time off-leash. Open from dawn till dusk. Please use the parking spaces (free parking) on Van Horne and do not park in the police impound lot. Limit of two (2) dogs per handler.
- Savannah Dog Parks:
- Herty Pines Dog Park: Located behind Grayson Stadium in Daffin Park. Turn off Victory Dr. when you get to Bee Rd. Offers a shaded and fenced play area where your dog can play off-leash.
- Mother Matilda Beasley Dog Park: Located at 523 E. Broad St., bordering the Historic District.
- Savannah Dog Park: Located on 41st and Drayton St. in the Starland District. Offers a shaded and fenced play area.
Rules and Tips:
Pay special attention to signage posted in your vacation home for "Dog Owners" which covers the following items in detail and is updated as necessary.
- Pet Fee: Tybee Vacation Rentals requires a non-refundable pet fee for guests who choose to bring a pet to a Pet-Friendly property. Find our rental policy on pets here.
- Leash Laws: Both Tybee and Savannah require all pets to be leashed when walking in public spaces - parks, squares, businesses, and residential areas.
- Dogs are NOT allowed on the beaches of Tybee Island due to the wildlife. There is a hefty fine if your dog is caught on any beach on Tybee. We do have two dog parks; one for small dogs and one for large dogs. They are located at the intersection of Van Horne and Fort Streets, between the Police Station and River's End Campground and RV Park.
- Barking dogs that disturb neighbors will receive a fine. There is a noise ordinance on Tybee and if reported you could face a minimum fine of $300. If you leave your pet for an extended period of time in your rental property, you must leave it in its' crate to keep it from damaging the property and/or barking.
- Please pick up after your dog. Keeping the island clean is a plus for everyone.