Both Tybee Island and Savannah are perfect locations to have a wedding or special event. The cobblestone-paved streets and moss-draped oaks of Savannah offer the perfect backdrop for any event photo. And Tybee Island’s relaxed atmosphere encourages a calm and stress-free mood that you and your guests will enjoy. Whether you’re looking to elope or plan the wedding event of the century, both Tybee Island and Savannah offer excellent venue options.
Where To Stay
Plan Your Tybee Island Wedding!
– Tybee Island’s sand and ocean waves are the perfect backdrop for a romantic beach wedding. Be sure to secure a permit before the event date. To preserve the beauty and natural splendor of the public beach space, there are a few event guidelines that need to be followed. Click here to read more.
Tybee Island Wedding Chapel
– Reminiscent of a 1908 Seaside Chapel, the wedding ceremony event space is a preserved movie set turned into a Wedding venue. The custom-built wedding venue features over 7000+ square feet of event space. The ceremony sanctuary has been professionally designed to combine modern technology with classic upscale decor. The on-site Grand Ballroom allows you to host your entire wedding day in one location!
Beachview Inn & Spa – Our goal at Beachview Weddings is to create a wedding experience that allows guests, family, and wedding couples to enjoy their big day! Beachview is an all-inclusive wedding venue with onsite catering, bar services, planning, and local vendors.
The Grandview at Hotel Tybee – This full-service conference center will accommodate every aspect of your seaside event. Simply tell the experienced staff what you envision, and we’ll make it a reality. From set-up and catering to providing professional service. Book your event at The Grandview and make memories on beautiful Tybee Island.
Tybee Island American Legion Post 154
– The hall transforms into a beautiful venue for all your life’s events. Tybee Island’s American Legion Post 154 can accommodate a minimum of 50 guests and a maximum of 193.
Wedding Venues in Savannah
The Venues at Trustees’ Garden
– The Venues at Trustees’ Garden has a large central event space (3,600 sf / 300 people seated occupancy), an adjoining outdoor tented space (2,400 sf), a full catering kitchen and prep space (900 sf), and an adjacent meeting/flex space (800 sf). The Metal Building at Trustees’ Garden is 8,000 square feet, with an adjoining 2,000 square feet of space in the Annex. The Kehoe Building at Trustees’ Garden has space for seating for 200 to 300 people.
Old Fort Jackson
– Serving as Georgia’s oldest standing brick fort, this beautifully preserved fort sits along the banks of the Savannah River. Ask about the real cannon salute, specialized tours, and demonstrations for your event.
– Telfair Museums is home to two historic sites and one contemporary art museum. These architecturally significant buildings become stunning venues for a variety of special events. The Telfair Academy is located on Telfair Square, right in the heart of the city’s famous historic district. The Jepson Center is a distinctive state-of-the-art museum building, designed by internationally acclaimed architect Moshe Safdie.
Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum
– This museum stands proudly in the Historic District of Downtown Savannah. Restored by the Historic Savannah Foundation in the 1970s, this beautiful property offers an unmatched backdrop for any event. Host weddings, corporate and nonprofit events, dinners, private celebrations, concerts, holiday parties and more.