Tips & Tricks for Parking on Tybee
Guide to Painless Parking
Did you know that the money you pay for parking goes towards lifeguards on the beach, keep the beach clean, provide emergency services, take care of stray and wild animals, warn everyone of impending inclement weather from the wind and tides, and generally keep Tybee Island a safe and pleasant place to visit? Without out the money charged and received for parking, we would not be able to maintain Tybee the way it is. There is no free parking on Tybee Island but as you insert your coins or card, remember that you are actually helping Tybee and you to have a better visit all around.
Please review the information below which describes the use of our Pay-and-Display parking system, which is enforced 8 AM – 8 PM, 365 days a year. Pay before you leave your car and leave your receipt on your car’s dash. To help you out, we’ve provided a Guide to Painless Parking on Tybee Island. We hope these tips help you have an easier time getting around the island.
Parking On Tybee Island
- The City of Tybee Island has many parking payment options. Pay through the Park TYB mobile app at a rate of $3.50 per hour. Pay through Pay-and-Display kiosks at a rate of $3.50 per hour. Pay through a standard parking meter at a rate of $2.00 per hour. Payment for parking is enforced citywide, 8 AM to 8 PM, year-round, including weekends and holidays.
- Annual decals are available at Tybee Island City Hall for $200.00 ($175.00 for those 62 or older) and are valid for one year from the month of purchase. The decals must be placed on the driver’s exterior windshield in order to be valid. Motorcycle stickers are also available for the same fee and must be placed on the front forks of the bike for visibility to a parking officer. Transferable yearly decals are now available for $300.00 each.
- Visitors may purchase up to 3 days with a credit card at the Pay-and-Display machines.
Pay With Cash
Machines will accept nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollar coins.
1. Insert coins in the slot for the time desired.
2. Press the print button.
3. Pull the receipt from the slot and display it on the dashboard.
Pay With Debit/Credit Card
The minimum charge amount is for two hours.
1. Press the blue button (+), and press again to add more time (adds one hour at a time).
2. When the desired time is reached, press the green/Next button (P) to confirm the transaction.
3. Insert and remove the credit card with the magnetic strip to the right.
4. Pull the receipt from the hinged slot area and display it on the dashboard. *The receipt from the Pay & Display machine is valid at any valid parking space, including the conveniently metered spots.
Table of Parking Fees
*Subject to change
|Parking Against Traffic - $40||Yes, you must park in the direction of traffic on your side of the road.|
|Expired Time - $40||If you park past the amount of time purchased, you will be fined.|
|Fire Hydrant - $115||Parking near a hydrant is a severe safety hazard in an emergency!|
|Parking In Handicap Space - $115||Disabled people have to pay as well - without a valid permit, you pay extra!|
|No Readable Receipt - $40|| If Parking staff can see you have a receipt, but it isn't legible.|
|No Receipt - $55||A full day only costs a maximum of $42, depending on location.|
|Prohibited Parking - $ 90||Parking at a yellow curb or non-designated space or area.|
|Late Fee - $20|| If you do not pay your fine before the due date, a late fee is assessed.|
|Processing Fee - $15||If you do not pay your fine after receiving the letter, a processing fee will be added once it is turned over to collections.|
Remember to feed the meter, then go have fun at the beach! And remember, your money is helping to keep Tybee wonderful, safe and clean which makes your stay and visit more enjoyable.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the City of Tybee Island at 912-472-5101. Information shared from www.cityoftybee.com/parking