10 Reasons You Should Visit Tybee Island
Tybee Island is like no other vacation destination! Travelers from all across the world come to experience the beauty of our little island. From the beautiful sunrises and sunsets to the long stretch of sandy beach. You’ll want to stay a little longer. Read below for a list of our top 10 reasons to visit Tybee Island.
Best Reasons To Visit Tybee Island!
- Tybee is an eclectic, small beach town offering a little old and a little new. While it’s changed a little over the years, our charming little island still maintains a friendly small-town feeling. Tybee is also full of history, fun in the sun, beautiful beaches, and a family-friendly atmosphere.
- With nearly 3 miles of sandy beaches, Tybee Island is perfect for sunbathing, swimming, water sports, kayaking, and fishing. So, don’t forget to pack a bottle of sunscreen!
- Tybee is a bike-friendly community with trails and bike paths throughout the island. So, visit one of our local bike rental shops and explore the island!
- We proudly have parades for many major holidays and local events! They are festive, fun, and lively! Our parades are great for all ages to attend. Two of our most notable parades are the Beach Bum Parade (which is basically a big water gunfight) and the Pirate Fest Parade.
- Located only 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah, Tybee offers the best of both worlds. No trip to Tybee is complete without enjoying at least one day in “The Hostess City of the South.”
- Tybee has many historical landmarks including the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum, Tybee Pier and Pavilion, Tybee Post Theater and numerous historical homes. Also, just a short drive from Tybee Island is the Historic Fort Pulaski.
- Tybee offers numerous unique local restaurants and retail stores that you cannot find anywhere else.
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets coupled with delightful weather all year long. So bring your camera to capture those picture-perfect moments!
- We have our own time clock! We call it: Tybee Time. It’s when time slows down and you are able to really relax. Anyone visiting Tybee during the Fall, Spring, Summer or Winter seasons will be able to enjoy and appreciate Tybee Time.
- Tybee has so many great outdoor activities that range from kayaking, paddle boarding, boating/canoeing, dolphin sightseeing tours, fishing charters, and more!