Tybee is a beautiful island and what could be more romantic than a beach getaway on our shores! We have handpicked a few of our rentals that are perfect for a couples weekend or vacation. We have also included our top 10 amazing options that Tybee and Savannah offer to create a memorable romantic adventure.
- Visit the Tybee Island Lighthouse and climb the total of 178 steps to the top and enjoy an amazing view from the top!
- Plan a picnic at the beach. Or have a delightful picnic at Memorial Park or Jaycee Park with less sand than the beach. Park information and attributes. Just put together a few of your favorite foods and a blanket to sit on.
- Have a romantic dinner at one of Tybee’s and Savannah’s many unique restaurants. Follow these links for dining options: Dining on Tybee and Dining in Savannah.
- Take a scenic bike ride for two around Tybee’s many bike paths or on the beach. Don’t have a bike? You can easily rent one from Tim’s Bike and Beach Gear or Fat Tire Bikes.
- Take a nice walk on the beach and collect a few shells for the perfect memento for your trip. Looking for a few great craft ideas using shells and assorted beach materials? Check out our Beachy Craft Pinterest Board. All of the beaches on Tybee are great for shell enthusiasts, but the best area is North Beach near the lighthouse. Be sure to check out the Pier and Pavilion on Tybee’s South end.
- Experience one of Tybee’s spectacular sunrises or sunsets! The best place to watch a Tybee sunrise is on the south end of Tybee near the pier. While the best places to watch a sunset are near North Beach and along the Back River.
- Tybee is home to a number of beautiful and interesting Georgia birds such as the Egret, Heron (9 varieties), Woodstork, White Ibis and more. So take a stroll, a hike or scenic adventure and enjoy the beauty of nature with your loved one.
- Schedule a photo session with Blu Owl Photography. Blu Owl Photography takes a fresh innovated approach to beach portraits. They have a true artistic eye which helps to capture amazing photos that celebrate your uniqueness.
- Take an afternoon to wind down with a Couple’s Massage from Spa Bleu. You and your sweetheart will be pampered with a variety of European and traditional, organic spa treatments that will allow you to slip away and release the tensions of the outside world.
- Hop aboard on of the many Savannah Riverboat Cruises. Experience refreshing river breezes on a sightseeing harbor tour. Enjoy delicious local southern flavors, cultural entertainment, fun filled dinner, magical moonlight, and lavish brunches. Offering cruises daily. Two of the most romantic are the Sunset Cruise and the Saturday Moonlight Cruise. But all are amazing to experience.
Below are a few of our romantic retreat homes, cottages, and condos that are perfect for a couples retreat.
Gull Cottage – Gull Cottage is an adorable 1920’s honeymoon cottage located just steps from the Back River beach. Perfect for a romantic getaway! Watch breathtaking sunsets, go fishing on the beach and pier, or just relax on the sand.
Chimney Pot Cottage – In this popular marsh-front cottage with a private dock you can enjoy privacy and serenity in a relaxing atmosphere thanks to the home being located on over 1 acre. Great views will surround you thanks to the cottage being situated right on a tidal creek. You will enjoy quiet seclusion, fishing, and excellent bird watching.
Ocean Song 331 – You will enjoy incredible ocean views from this top floor condo. The open living room area has ocean views from two sides with ceiling to floor sliding glass doors, plenty of seating, and a comfortable queen sleeper sofa.
Habersham 1 – Stay right in the heart of downtown Savannah. This two-story spacious apartment in the historic Paul Hamilton Williams House, built in 1791, offers classic charm in an urban setting.
Gilligan’s Island – Get away from it all in this perfect little couple’s retreat. Step into this luxuriously decorated sanctuary with all new, upscale furnishings. Every attention to detail has been made to make this a little apartment feel like an escape to your own private island.
Creekside Captains Retreat – Enjoy beautiful views of the creek, salt marsh, and sunsets from Creekside Captains Retreat, a uniquely built vacation home which is set back only 5 feet from Horsepen Creek. This one of a kind home was built to mimic the inside of a ship and offers many special touches from the woodwork to the doors, high ceilings, and decking.
Beach and Racquet A219 – Enjoy excellent views of the bay, ships, shrimp boats and dolphins from your private balcony. Located just a few short steps from the pool and beach!
Kahuna Kabana – A one bedroom retreat is perfect for a couples retreat. This apartment is located on the beachside of Butler Avenue and is only steps to the beach, the 5th home back to be exact.
Beach and Racquet B302 – Enjoy beautiful views from the top floor balcony of this one bedroom, one bathroom condo at the Savannah Beach and Racquet Club. Located just a few short steps from the community pool and the beach at the Savannah Beach and Racquet Club!