Tybee Island is full of natural beauty and charm! From the calming beach waves to the lush greenery, the peace that you experience here is unmatched. Grab your significant other and plan a beach getaway on our shores. Mentioned below are a few of our favorite Tybee Island vacation rentals, perfect for a vacation with your significant other. Also included is our list of top 10 must-do activities near Tybee Island and Savannah that will make for a memorable romantic retreat.
Things to Do
- Experience a birds eye view of the island! Visit the Tybee Island Lighthouse and climb the 178 steps to the top!
- Enjoy a picnic at the beach! If you’re not in the mood for sand, head to Memorial Park or Jaycee Park. Grab a blanket, a few of your favorite foods and enjoy the great outdoors!
- Have a romantic dinner for two on Tybee Island or in Savannah. Follow these links for dining options: Dining on Tybee and Dining in Savannah.
- Explore Tybee Island on two wheels! Take a romantic bike ride on the beach or follow the signs marked “bike route”! Check out these local bike rental shops: Tim’s Bike and Beach Gear or Fat Tire Bikes.
- Comb the beach and go shell hunting. Local tip: grab your bucket and head out early in the morning to find the best shells. Favorite spots are North Beach near the lighthouse and the Pier and Pavilion on Tybee’s South end.
- Experience one of Tybee’s spectacular sunrises or sunsets! The best place to watch a Tybee sunrise is on the south end of Tybee near the pier. Watch the sunset near North Beach and along the Back River.
- Tybee is home to a number of Georgia birds such as the Egret, 9 varieties of Heron, Woodstork, White Ibis and more. Take a scenic adventure around the island and enjoy the beauty of nature with your loved one.
- Capture your time on Tybee Island with a photo session on the beach. Check out a few of our favorite local photographers here.
- Take an afternoon to wind down with a Couple’s Massage from Spa Bleu. Slip away and release the tension of the outside world with a variety of European and traditional organic spa treatments.
- Hop aboard one of the many Savannah Riverboat Cruises. Experience refreshing river breezes on a sightseeing harbor tour. Enjoy delicious local southern flavors, cultural entertainment, fun filled dinner, magical moonlight, and lavish brunches. Offering cruises daily. Two of the most romantic are the Sunset Cruise and the Saturday Moonlight Cruise.
Where to Stay
Below are a few of our favorite homes, cottages, and condos – perfect for a couples retreat!
Ocean Song 331 – Enjoy incredible ocean views from this top floor condo. The open living room area has ocean views from two sides with ceiling to floor sliding glass doors, plenty of seating, and a comfortable queen sleeper sofa.
Gull Cottage – Gull Cottage is an adorable 1920’s honeymoon cottage located just steps from the Back River beach. Perfect for a romantic getaway! Watch breathtaking sunsets, go fishing on the beach and pier, or just relax on the sand.
Gilligan’s Island – Get away from it all in this perfect little couple’s retreat. Step into this luxuriously decorated sanctuary with all new, upscale furnishings. Every attention to detail has been made to make this a little apartment feel like an escape to your own private island.
Creekside Captains Retreat – Enjoy beautiful views of the creek, salt marsh, and sunsets from Creekside Captains Retreat, a uniquely built vacation home which is set back only 5 feet from Horsepen Creek. This one of a kind home was built to mimic the inside of a ship and offers many special touches from the woodwork to the doors, high ceilings, and decking.
Island Bliss – This adorable vintage cottage was built in 1910 and has been completely renovated to include modern conveniences while respecting the original character and charm. Guests will love the huge private pool!
Bay View Villa 107 – Enjoy your vacation on the quiet north end of Tybee Island. Located on the 1st-floor, with a private balcony where you have a glimpse of the Bay, just over the protected dunes. Guests will enjoy amazing sunrises and breathtaking sunsets from the semi-private beach.
Beach House 433 – This third floor, Oceanfront condo with all new furnishings and interior design, and features amazing views of the ocean from the living room and two balconies. Wake up to sunrise over the Ocean and listen to the waves break just beyond your windows.
Baywatch – Pamper yourself in comfort and style at Baywatch, a wonderful island getaway located on the secluded North end of the island. This immaculate Tybee vacation home has been professionally decorated with comfortable, light, and airy décor, which is the perfect setting for a serene island vacation.
Endless Summer – This waterfront home offers guests a unique vacation experience in a gated community most vacationers don’t even realize exists. Situated on a lot over 1.5 acres, shaded with ancient oak trees, enjoy more than 300 feet of panoramic, direct water frontage views of Tybee’s Back River.
Ready to start planning your Tybee Island vacation?
Come visit us soon! Follow this link to browse through our amazing collection of vacation homes!