With love in the air, there’s no better place for a romantic getaway than Tybee Island and Savannah! Tybee Island’s natural beauty, with lovely beaches and unforgettable sunsets, pairs perfectly with the unmistakable, historic charm of Savannah. Snuggle up in one of our vacation homes with a complimentary s’mores kit to make memories that will last a lifetime. Our special offers this Valentine’s Day will make your vacation even sweeter!
We’ve included some must-dos on your next vacation for two! Check out our list of vacation homes that are ideal for you and your sweetheart.
Things To Do on Your Romantic Getaway
- Take an afternoon to wind down with a Couple’s Massage from Spa Bleu. Slip away and release the tension of the outside world with a variety of European and traditional organic spa treatments.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, and what better way to capture those vacation memories forever than with a photo session! The area is home to many talented photographers, and here are some of our local favorites.
- Looking for craft cocktails, oyster platters, and plenty of vegan options? Visit Sea Wolf Tybee for all of these and more in a space with a unique neighborhood feel. Check out other fantastic dining options on Tybee Island and in Savannah.
Get Out and About!
- Tybee is home to a ton of wildlife, so take a scenic adventure around the island and enjoy the beauty of nature with your loved one. Get up close to some coastal critters at several wildlife centers in the area, such as the Tybee Island Marine Center.
- Tybee Island is perfect for exploring on two wheels because guests can easily ride along the beach or follow the signs marked “bike route”! Check out these local bike rental shops: Tim’s Bike and Beach Gear or Fat Tire Bikes.
- Enjoy a picnic at the beach! If you’re not in the mood for sand, head to Memorial Park or Jaycee Park, or Forsyth Park in downtown Savannah. Grab a blanket, a few of your favorite foods, and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Savannah regularly ranks as one of the nation’s most beautiful cities, so why not take a stroll through the Historic District to experience it first hand. There are plenty of guided tours around the Hostess City if you find yourself wanting to learn more!
- Tybee’s beaches are perfect to experience a gorgeous sunset or sunrise. Venture out to the South end, near the pier, for the best sunrise. North Beach and the Back River are ideal for catching the sunset over the Atlantic.
- All aboard! Hop on one of the many Savannah Riverboat Cruises. Enjoy delicious local southern flavors, cultural entertainment, fun-filled dinner, magical moonlight, and lavish brunches. Offering cruises daily. Two of the most romantic are the Sunset Cruise and the Saturday Moonlight Cruise.
- Visit the oldest and tallest lighthouse in Georgia at the Tybee Island Lighthouse. Climb up the 178 steps to the top for a wonderful bird’s eye view of the entire island!
Cozy Cottages and Condos for Your Romantic Getaway
Gull Cottage – This adorable 1920’s honeymoon cottage is located just steps from the Back River beach. Perfect for a romantic getaway! Watch breathtaking sunsets, go fishing on the beach and pier, or just relax on the sand.
Gilligan’s Island – Get away from it all in this perfect little couple’s retreat. Step into this luxuriously decorated sanctuary with new, upscale furnishings. Every attention to detail has been made to make this a little apartment feel like an escape to your own private island.
Island Bliss – This charming, vintage cottage was built in 1910 and has been completely renovated to include modern conveniences while respecting the original character and charm. Guests will love the huge private pool!
Beach House 433 – This third-floor, oceanfront condo with new furnishings and interior design, features amazing views from the living room and two balconies. Wake up to sunrise over the ocean and listen to the waves break just beyond your windows!
Endless Summer – This waterfront home offers guests a unique experience in a gated community most vacationers don’t even know exists. Enjoy more than 300 feet of panoramic water frontage views of Tybee’s Back River on 1.5 acres shaded by ancient oak trees.
Frogtown Cottage – Enjoy this quaint cottage located in Historic Downtown Savannah. It’s the perfect location for couples wanting to explore Savannah, while still enjoying all the comforts of home. Guests will love the all-new pool and patio!
Ready to Start Planning your Tybee Island Vacation?
Come visit us soon! Follow this link to browse through our amazing collection of vacation homes!