The Tybee Island and Savannah food and beverage selection has grown over the years and incorporated many restaurants with great cocktails. And, who doesn’t love a good cocktail on vacation? With the addition of custom cocktails, the two locations are becoming destinations to check out for cocktail connoisseurs! We’re here to shed light on some of the spots with the best beverage selections in the area. If you don’t feel like venturing out, we’ve put together a few recipes to try out for beachside beverages and Lowcountry libations!
Sea Wolf on Tybee
Sea Wolf is one of the newest, most unique restaurant and cocktail experiences on Tybee Island. Their eclectic menu changes every 2 weeks to highlight the local, seasonal ingredient availability, so be sure to stay up to date on their offerings. Specializing in high-quality oysters, gourmet hot dogs made with wagyu beef, and tasty vegan options, there’s something for everyone! Their top-notch cocktails help bring a new level of craft to the island. With unique takes on the classics, ice-cold brews, and fine wine, Sea Wolf has you covered for all of your drink needs. Also, head into Savannah and visit their sister bar, Lone Wolf Lounge, for more incredible drink options.
Restaurants with Great Cocktails: The Deck Beach Bar & Kitchen
The Deck’s menu draws inspiration from the cuisine of Australia, coastal Mexico, and Hawaii, which brings a distinct flair to Tybee. They meld coastal cuisine from around the world in a relaxed and creative manner. The menu is fun and satisfying and sure to please with their variety of offerings. The only beachfront restaurant on Tybee, visitors can an evening cocktail while looking our across the Atlantic Ocean. With a refreshing take on standard beachside cocktails, you’ll be cooling down with a frozen drink in no time!
Chamacos Tacos and Surf
Chamacos Tacos and Surf may be primarily known for their outstanding street tacos and family-friendly atmosphere, but the vibrant space brings amazing agave spirits. Tacos and tequila are a match made in heaven, and the margaritas from Chamacos are unbelievable. It’s the perfect spot after a long day at the beach! Additionally, the space brings in live music every Thursday and Friday. So, make sure to stop by to see some local Tybee tunes. Also, Chamacos serves as a sweet surf shack so you can stock up on sweet gear while you’re there.
Restaurants with Great Cocktails: Pier 16
Pier 16 is the place to be for enjoying a seaside breeze on their rooftop deck that overlooks Tybrisa Street! Known for its curated menu of fresh seafood, gourmet burgers, and refreshing salads, this local spot has plenty of beer, wine, and cocktail options as well. With two full-service bars and signature cocktails, they’ll have just the thing to quench your thirst. Make sure to get one of their fresh mint mojitos!
Be Your Own Bartender!
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- ½ medium lime, cut into 3 wedges, divided
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes, or as needed
- 1 ½ fluid ounces white rum
- ½ cup club soda, or as needed
- Muddle mint leaves and one lime wedge in a sturdy glass to express the oils and lime juice
- Add the additional lime wedges to the glass along with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Muddle the ingredients again and do not strain.
- Fill the glass with ice. Pour in the rum and add the club soda.
- Stir and enjoy!
A Pitcher of Margaritas!
- 3 cups of a silver tequila of your choice
- 2 cups of orange liqueur (Triple Sec)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Optional: Agave sweetener and coarse salt for rimming the glasses
- Combine tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice in the pitcher and mix together
- Taste and add the optional sweetener depending on your preferences
- When ready to serve, rub a wedge of lime along the edge of glasses and roll in coarse salt
- Add ice to the pitcher and serve!
- 2 ounces of coconut rum or a light rum
- 1 ounce Blue Curaçao
- Pineapple Juice
- Shake together coconut rum, blue curaçao, and pineapple juice
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
Interested in other vacation home options? Browse through our amazing collection of vacation homes!