There are so many great events and activities during the Fall and Winter seasons here on Tybee and in Savannah that are perfect for all ages and interests. Sometimes it can be difficult to find information about all of the activities in one easy place so, we’ve put together a short list of notable events that will be taking place in the coming months! We hope you can experience a few of these great activities. Enjoy!
Please note: As local businesses attempt to return to normal operations, the safety and health of the public is most important. Many local businesses and event venues are taking extensive precautions to ensure the safety of all event attendees. For more information about these safety precautions, visit the individual event links below.
- August 1 – Plant Riverside District – Plant Riverside District offers an experience unlike anything Savannah has ever known. Restaurants, dancing fountains, live music, entertainers and a waterfront amphitheater. Concerts & Entertainment. Biergarten Experience. Specialty Retail Shops.
- August 8 – Festival Kick-Off– Art Matters: We Have a VOICE – The Savannah VOICE Festival Kickoff Virtual Event! In the midst of all else, art has a Virtual VOICE with the Savannah VOICE Festival Online. The Stay-at-Home 8th Season kicks off in your own living room to stream and enjoy beautiful voices that will not be silenced even when theaters are. Join Savannah VOICE Festival online to launch a fun and meaningful season!
- August 16 – Georgia Bridal Show – Join us at the Georgia Bridal Show for fun, excitement, samples, wedding planning, and see the famous fashion show!
- August 24 – 30 – Gourmet Seafood & Spirits Festival – Our mission this year is to incorporate physical distancing principles and recommended wellness protocols into every activity, share revenue and drive responsible traffic to Savannah businesses, and designate an area charity as the fundraising beneficiary of each event.
- September 3 – November 11 – The Savannah Music Festival – SMF is one of the region’s leading arts presenters, producing an internationally acclaimed cross-genre music festival, education programs for local schoolchildren and budding musicians in jazz and acoustic music, a weekly public radio series and off-season concert events.
- September 20 – 26 – Savannah Jazz Festival – Get ready for the sweet sounds of jazz to hit Savannah! The Savannah Jazz Festival celebrates jazz as a living art form—built on a constantly evolving tradition. This year is all about improvisation! You’re welcome to enjoy the festival in many ways: tune in to the live streamed event on WSAV-TV, Facebook, or YouTube. Join a watch party held in area bars, restaurants, Community Centers, and Churches.
- September 26 – The Fast and the Furriest Trail Run – Get out and run/walk with your dog! Join us for a pawsitively good time at The Savannah Kennel Club’s Fast and Furriest Trail Race at Skidaway Island State Park. Sponsored by Chatham Parkway Subaru. Choose your distance: 8K, 4K, or 1 Mile.
- October 8 – Casting Crowns: Only Jesus Tour w/Special Guest Matthew West – GRAMMY® winning multi-platinum group Casting Crowns has announced plans to extend its widely popular Only Jesus Tour into 2020, following successful runs in 2019 which included stops in nearly 60 major markets and multiple sell-outs in arenas across the country. The tour takes its name from the band’s current top-selling album Only Jesus. The 2020 spring leg will feature award-winning singer-songwriter Matthew West as special guest.
- October 11 – Savannah Food Truck Festival – The Savannah Food Truck Festival is coming back to Daffin Park this October for #7! Family and friends are invited to enjoy an afternoon in the park.
- October 17 – Pickin’ & Shuckin’ with Beer & Bubbles– A toast to island style in a sunset evening with roasted oysters and pig pickin’ on the lawn in front of the beautifully restored Tybee Post Theater. Whether your style is standing at the oyster tables and shuckin the night away, or camping out under the big tent with a cocktail and a plate piled high with the best BBQ in the Coastal Empire, this event has something for everyone who loves good eatin’ and drinkin’ and fun company!
- October 17 – WWE Live– See your favorite WWE RAW Superstars as they come to the Martin Luther King Jr. Arena.