A Girl’s Guide to Tybee Wine Festival
Isn’t it time for a temporary escape to the beach, filled with delectable delights paired with elegant wines, sunshine, warmth and all the laughter and frivolity one can muster up? Wouldn’t it be nice to take a break from the monotony of real life, your hectic job, the kids, the chores, the husband? It is time for a girls trip! Gather your girls from near and far for a fun getaway together. Prepare yourself for some Tybee Time. Clear your calendar and pack your bags. Plan to come to Tybee for the Tybee Island Wine Festival.
Here is a guide to the perfect weekend on Tybee Island. Your very own insider guide (one of our employees is on the Wine Fest Committee) to the Tybee Island Wine Festival. The weekend is packed with great food, fresh seafood, fun live bands, social experiences, and International Wines all in some of the coolest venues on Tybee, including a picnic style party beneath the iconic Tybee Island Lighthouse
Raise a tasteful glass of good cheer on Tybee, and know that you’re contributing to the Tybee community; all funds raised will help to maintain the historic Tybee Post Theatre. This year marks the Tybee Island Wine Festival’s 10th year of celebrating international wine, fine food, and outdoor fun. Follow these three easy steps for a weekend that won’t soon be forgotten.
Step 1: Book your stay
Make lasting memories with your best girlfriends while staying at an amazing dream vacation home. Your quality time can include early morning coffee on the balcony of an oceanfront condo, or maybe you can enjoy an early morning walk to watch the sunrise over the ocean. There are dozens of options for your travel group. Tybee Vacation Rentals has specialized, local experts waiting to help you find the perfect vacation rental for your group. Whether it is ocean view, a private backyard, a historic cottage or a resort style condo, there is a perfect place to suit everyone’s needs when you call Tybee home for your weekend away.
Step 2: Grab your event tickets
Choose all the events, or choose your favorite. There is something for everyone. Here’s a list of all the great events:
- Thursday night April 26th “Wine and Dine at the Shrine” A gourmet dining experience celebrating Tybee Wine Festival’s 10thAnniversary. Catered by SAVOR…Savannah at the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center with Executive Chef, Kasey Thexton, this Tybee Caribbean evening starts with appetizers and cocktails overlooking the best of Tybee’s expansive River and North End Ocean views. Steel drums and sparkling lights create the ambiance for a culinary explosion of Caribbean flavored, three-course specially prepared meal paired with farm-to-table wines.
Tickets: Individual $100, Table: $800 (includes reserved seating for eight). All tickets additionally include a 2018 Wine Festival wine glass, keepsake memento and a chance to win a special gift!
Insider info: The entire room will be filled with twinkling lights. The keepsake memento will remind you of our beautiful beach!
- Saturday, August 27th “Tybee Post Pickin & Shuckin with Bubbles & Beer” A toast to the 10th Annual Tybee Wine Festival at an evening of roasted oysters and pig pickin’ with bubbles and beer on the lawn in front of the beautifully restored Tybee Post Theater. We’ll have a mountain of oysters, a pig, pulled pork and brisket with all the fixin’s under a big tent for this delightfully casual and fun event. Then we’ll all move into the Theater for a lively concert starring Spec Hosti and his bluegrass band. And everyone takes home a souvenir oyster knife and commemorative 2018 Tybee Wine Festival wine glass.
- Insider info: Tybee Post Theater Board Members will be the cooks at this event. Southern men know how to cook oysters and Boston Butts! Tickets: $65
- Saturday, August 28th “ 3 pm – 6 pm “The Grand Wine Tasting” The Grand Wine Tasting is the Festival’s signature event featuring more than 100 international wines and samplings from the menus of our favorite Tybee restaurants and a few others nearby. This beautiful spring afternoon event set on the spacious grounds of the historic Tybee Light Station also features Sons Of Sailors, a Jimmy Buffett tribute band on our festival stage, a spectacular silent auction, and, as always, a commemorative 2018 Tybee Wine Festival wine glass to take home. So, bring your beach chair or blanket, relax on the Lighthouse lawn and enjoy this April afternoon of good food, fine wine and lots of fun!
- Insider Info: The VIP tickets give you entry into the VIP Tent where you’ll be served a variety of wines at the Festival as well as gourmet foods prepared by culinarily gifted locals.
- Tickets: $65 and $100 VIP Tickets
Step 3: Relax, Sip, Savor, Laugh, Repeat.
Let the warmth and good cheer refresh your soul and re-ignite your passion for life. The best moments in life are those shared with one another. Moments that will live on in your head and in your mind as “one of the best times we ever shared together”. It is moments like these that you will cherish forever. Good Food, Good Wine, Great Friends, Lasting Memories.