Vacations are mandatory; no ifs, ands, or buts about it! It’s the perfect time to escape the hustle and bustle of the outside world, especially when you’re in good company. That’s why it’s important to reconnect with old pals for a girls getaway or a guys trip! Don’t miss out on the perfect opportunity for you and your friends to visit Tybee Island and Savannah.
Having trouble picking your ideal vacation home? Our local vacation planners can help you find just what you’re looking for. So get ready, get set, and relax because here are some of the best activities for your next friends trip to Tybee Island and Savannah!
Things to Do on Your Girls Getaway
- Any friend’s trip worth its salt involves a bit of pampering. Therefore, a trip to Sea Salt and Sugar is a must to experience a variety of all-natural manicure and pedicure treatments. Similarly, wind down with a visit to Spa Bleu. There you can release the tension of the outside world with a number of European and traditional organic spa treatments.
- With some of the most idyllic scenery in the entire country, there’s no shortage of photo ops in Savannah. However, few sites rival the beauty of Wormsloe Historic Site. Travel back in time through a moss-draped tunnel of massive live oaks to the colonial plantation built in the 18th century. It is one of the most recognizable spots in the entire city because of its use as a backdrop in countless films.
- Enjoy a mimosa-filled brunch at B. Matthews Eatery. With a variety of classics and updated American fare, this modern bistro is sure to knock your socks off. Go for the shrimp and grits for a true taste of Southern cuisine!
- A trip to Tybee Island and Savannah wouldn’t be complete without a dolphin tour cruise with Captain Mike’s Dolphin Tours. Sit back and enjoy the natural beauty of the area while watching dolphins play. The boat will take you out toward the Atlantic Ocean – passing shrimp boats, the Cockspur Lighthouse, Fort Pulaski, and Tybee’s north beach. Make sure to stop by Coco’s Sunset Grille for some lunch, dinner, or a sunset cocktail.
Guys Trip Adventures
- If it’s fishing you’re looking for, the Tybee Island Pier or the Back River Fishing Pier are great places to start. Just be sure to have a fishing license! For 50 years of unmatched local knowledge of the waterways, jump on a fishing charter with Miss Judy Charters for both inshore and offshore adventures. Likewise, Southern Saltwater Charters can take you on a guided experience of light tackle fishing, shark tooth fossil hunts, backwater excursions, or a beautiful sunset cruise.
- Consider yourselves history buffs? Check out Fort Pulaski National Monument to learn all about this 19th-century fort and a watershed moment in military history. With musket rifle and cannon firings throughout the year, you’re sure to catch something cool while on your friends trip.
- Become one of the elite that eat in their bare feet at The Crab Shack! As the name suggests, this Tybee Island staple serves up some of the finest, fresh crab you can eat with a side of sunset views from their outdoor patio. Feeling adventurous? Take a break from chowing down yourself to feed alligators only feet away from your table in their enclosure.
- Head to a local brewery to try some unique, craft beers. Service Brewing Co. is veteran-owned and has year-round, seasonal, and experimental offerings. Plus, it’s dog-friendly! A personal favorite is the Gun Bunny Belgian-Style Wheat Ale.
Plan your Friends Trip Today!
This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of attractions in Savannah and on Tybee Island. There are plenty of other things to do besides the ones mentioned, so get out and explore!
Come visit us soon! Follow this link to browse through our amazing collection of vacation homes!