This December, Savannah and Tybee Island are the ideal destinations for a low-country holiday trip. With so many events and activities in the area, there’s guaranteed to be something for the whole family to enjoy. However, finding all of the event information in one convenient location can be tough. So, while you’re on vacation, we’ve put together a list of events for you to attend! Enjoy!
On Tybee Island
- December 3 – Tybee Island Christmas Parade – Ring in the holiday season with a lighted, nighttime Christmas parade and tree lighting. The parade of lights down to the beach leads Santa’s into town. Then, enjoy Christmas caroling, dancing, holiday refreshments, and more by the seashore!
- December 4 – Sisters on the Fly Christmas Caravan Tour – Sisters on the Fly are making their way back to Tybee Island for the Christmas Caravan Tour. Be on the lookout for vintage trailers all decked out for the holidays at River’s End Campground from 11am to 1pm! Proceeds will benefit the Tybee Post Theater.
- December 4 – The Part-Time Blues Band 2021 – The Part-Time Blues Band played an awesome set for a packed house when they opened for Paul Thorn, but the crowd was left wanting more. So, they’re back at the Tybee Post Theater to perform their own show! Whether playing blues classics by artists such as B.B. King and Muddy Waters, or popular tunes by the Allman Brothers and Ray Charles, the Part-Time Blues Band will grab your attention right away. Opening for the Part-Time Blues Band will by Tybee’s own Spec Hosti.
- December 11 – A Lighthouse Christmas – Travel back in time this season with the sights and customs of Christmas at the Tybee Island Light Station in the days of our last Lighthouse Keeper. This quaint depiction of holiday cheer in the 1930s and 40s illustrates the traditions of a simpler time. From the top of the Lighthouse, enjoy the twinkling Christmas lights across the island, caroling, hot cider, and the joy of the season in the warm glow of candlelight.
- December 3 – Fabulous Equinox Orchestra’s Miracle on Swing Street: A Holiday Soiree – Deck the halls with a special holiday-themed evening featuring the Fabulous Equinox Orchestra. You don’t want to miss this one-night-only holiday show featuring old and new seasonal favorites performed live.
- November 26–January 3 – Savannah Christmas Market – Celebrate all December long with the Plant Riverside District’s newest holiday tradition, an open-air, European-style Christmas market. The vendors have everything you need, whether it’s a unique gift or specialty food and beverages. For a complete list of the market’s offerings, go here.
- December 31 – Rockin’ New Year’s Eve – Ring in the New Year at the Savannah Theatre! Enjoy a two-hour show featuring the Rockin’ Savannah Theatre band, singers, and dancers! The band will continue to play after the show so that the audience can continue to have a good time. At midnight, there will be a complimentary champagne toast, so make sure you stick around. Don’t miss Savannah’s greatest New Year’s Eve party!