Tybee Island is like no other vacation destination.
10 reasons why Tybee Island is the place to visit.
- Tybee is an eclectic, small beach town offering a little old and a little new. While it’s changed a little over the years, our charming little island still maintains a friendly small town feeling. Tybee is full of history, fun in the sun and has beautiful beaches and a family-friendly atmosphere.
- With nearly 3 miles of sandy beaches, Tybee Island is perfect for sunbathing, swimming, water sports, kayaking, and fishing. So, don’t forget to pack a bottle of sunscreen!
- Tybee is a bike-friendly community with trails and bike paths throughout the island. So, visit one of our local bike rental shops and explore the island!
- We proudly have parades for many major holidays and local events! They are festive, fun, lively! Our parades are great for all ages to attend. Two of our most notable parades are the Beach Bum Parade (which is basically a big water gun fight) and Pirate Fest Parade.
- Located only 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah, Tybee offers the best of both worlds. No trip to Tybee is complete without enjoying at least one day in “The Hostess City of the South.”
- Tybee has many historical landmarks including the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum, Tybee Pier and Pavilion, Tybee Post Theater and numerous historical homes. Also, just a short drive from Tybee Island is the Historic Fort Pulaski.
- Tybee offers numerous unique local restaurants and retail stores that you cannot find anywhere else.
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets with delightful weather all year long. So bring your camera to capture those picture perfect moments!
- We have our own time clock! We call it: Tybee Time. It’s when time slows down and you are able to really relax. Anyone visiting Tybee will be able to enjoy and appreciate Tybee Time.
- Tybee has so many great outdoor activities that range from kayaking, paddleboarding, boating/canoe, dolphin sightseeing tours, air-boat tours, fishing charters and more!
Still need more reasons to come and visit Tybee? Then check out all the awards and top 10 lists Tybee has been listed on recently.
- 10 Best: Coastal Small Town – USA Today
- 10 Best: Southern Small Town – USA Today
- One of 20 Most Charming Beach Towns Across America – Town & Country
- America’s Happiest Seaside Towns (No. 6) – Coastal Living
- One of 20 Coolest Beach Towns in America – Matador Network
- 10 Best: Island Escapes You Can Drive To – USA Today
- 10 East Coast Beaches Making a Splash (No. 1) – TripAdvisor
- One of the 5 Best Beach Camping Spots in America – Huffington Post
- 10 Most Beautiful Coastal Towns in the USA – The Culture Trip
- 16 Affordable Winter Trips Close to Home – Budget Travel
- Best US Islands for Family Vacations – Conde Nast
- “Perfect Little Beach Town: The All-American Hamlet” – Southern Living
- “Best Family Beaches on the East Coast” – Fodor’s
- “Best Beaches for Families” – Parents Magazine
- Top 10 Vacation Rental Hotspots for 2010 – Tripadvisor
- Top 10 City Beaches in America – AOL
- #1 Healthiest Beach in America – Health Magazine
- “Readers’ Choice Best Beach” – Georgia Magazine
- “Best One Tank Trip” – Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- “Best Beach Retreat” – Creative Loafing Atlanta
- Bicycle Friendly Community – League of American Bicyclists
- Best Day Trip and Most Fun Place to Take the Kids – Savannah Magazine