Tybee Island is like no other vacation destination! Travelers from all across the world come to experience the beauty of our little island. From the beautiful sunrises and sunsets to the to the long stretch of sandy beach. You’ll want to stay a little longer. Read below for a list of our top 10 reasons to visit Tybee Island.
10 reasons why Tybee Island is THE place to visit during the Fall
- Tybee is an eclectic, small beach town offering a little old and a little new. While it’s changed a little over the years, our charming little island still maintains a friendly small town feeling. Tybee is full of history, fun in the sun and has beautiful beaches and a family-friendly atmosphere.
- With nearly 3 miles of sandy beaches, Tybee Island is perfect for sunbathing, swimming, water sports, kayaking, and fishing. So, don’t forget to pack a bottle of sunscreen!
- Tybee is a bike-friendly community with trails and bike paths throughout the island. So, visit one of our local bike rental shops and explore the island!
- We proudly have parades for many major holidays and local events! They are festive, fun, lively! Our parades are great for all ages to attend. Two of our most notable parades are the Beach Bum Parade (which is basically a big water gun fight) and Pirate Fest Parade.
- Located only 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah, Tybee offers the best of both worlds. No trip to Tybee is complete without enjoying at least one day in “The Hostess City of the South.”
- Tybee has many historical landmarks including the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum, Tybee Pier and Pavilion, Tybee Post Theater and numerous historical homes. Also, just a short drive from Tybee Island is the Historic Fort Pulaski.
- Tybee offers numerous unique local restaurants and retail stores that you cannot find anywhere else.
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets with delightful weather all year long. So bring your camera to capture those picture perfect moments!
- We have our own time clock! We call it: Tybee Time. It’s when time slows down and you are able to really relax. Anyone visiting Tybee during the Fall, Spring, Summer or Winter seasons will be able to enjoy and appreciate Tybee Time.
- Tybee has so many great outdoor activities that range from kayaking, paddleboarding, boating/canoe, dolphin sightseeing tours, air-boat tours, fishing charters and more!
Come visit us soon! Browse though our collection of vacation homes online or call one of our vacation planners at 877-599-8720 to book your stay!
Still need a reason to come and visit Tybee? Check out all the awards and top travel lists Tybee has been listed on recently.
- “The 46 Most Quaint and Charming Beach Towns in America For Your Best Vacation Yet” – GOOD HOUSEKEEPING ONLINE
- “50 Awesome Solo Travel Destinations To Visit In 2020” – HUFFPOST
- “10 Cheap Beach Vacations the Whole Family Will Love” – TRAVEL + LEISURE
- “The Most Underrated Beach Towns in America” – MSN TRAVEL
- “The Best Spring Break Beaches in the Southeast” – GO WORLD TRAVEL MAGAZINE
- “Best Spring Break Fishing Vacations for 2020” – FISHINGBOOKER.COM
- “Plan The Ideal Georgia Vacation With A Visit To These Coastal Barrier Islands” – FORBES ONLINE
- “This is the Best Spring Getaway in Every State” – HOUSE BEAUTIFUL
- “The Most Fun Thing to Do in Every State This Summer” – BEST LIFE
- “These Beach Vacations are Cheap and Have Something for the Whole Family” – TRAVEL + LEISURE
- “The South’s Best Beach Towns” (#3) – SOUTHERN LIVING
- “America’s Best Beaches to Visit This Summer” – TRAVEL PULSE
- “America’s 21 Best Beach Towns” – TRIPS TO DISCOVER
- “25 Best Places to Visit on Presidents’ Day” – VACATION IDEA
- “11 Staggeringly Beautiful Places in Georgia That Will Always Be Waiting For You” – ONLYINYOURSTATE.COM
- “25 Best Beaches in the U.S.” – TRAVEL + LEISURE
- “The Most Beautiful Beaches in the United States” – WOMAN’S DAY
- “17 Best Places to Visit in Georgia” – U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT
- “11 Best Beaches in Georgia” – TRAVEL + LEISURE
- “20 Best Weekend Getaway Ideas in the U.S.” – CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER
- “13 Best Weekend Beach Getaways in the U.S.” – TRAVEL + LEISURE
- “The Best Beaches on the East Coast” – SOUTHERN LIVING
- “The Best Beach in Every State” – READER’S DIGEST
- “America’s Most Beautiful Seaside Towns” – MSN TRAVEL
- “20 Best Beaches on the East Coast” – CHEAPISM
- “10 Island Escapes You Can Drive To” – USA TODAY
- “The Most Beautiful and Iconic Lighthouses in America” – MSN TRAVEL
- “19 Gorgeous Islands In The US That You Can Drive To” – INSIDER
- “Georgia Getaways For End-of-Summer Quarantine Escape” – PATCH.COM
- “The Best RV Park in Every State” – MSN TRAVEL
- “The Best Places to Rent a Beach House During Winter” – TRAVEL AWAITS
- “5 Beaches Near Atlanta Perfect for a Weekend Getaway” – ATLANTA JOURNAL CONSTITUTION
- “6 Best Warm Places to Visit in December in the USA” – TRIVAGO MAGAZINE
- “The Most Charming Coastal Towns you Can’t Find in California” – MSN TRAVEL
Come visit us soon! Follow this link to browse through our amazing collection of vacation homes!