Savannah Vacation Collection
Hostess City of the South
Savannah, known for its unique charm and beautiful historic architecture, offers visitors a diverse selection of sightseeing and activities. From the moss draped oak trees lining Victory Drive to the cobblestone paved streets lining the historic district. Walk through the oak-filled parks and squares, shop on River Street, explore the Plant Riverside District, have lunch in City Market, stroll up Broughton Street, venture to the eclectic Starland District, visit a gallery or art museum, go on a ghost tour, have a great dinner, grab a drink to-go and enjoy the clubs and pubs. Savannah exudes history, culture, entertainment, beauty, and best of all, southern hospitality.
Historic Savannah Must-Do's
- Take a tour of the city and discover the abundance of charm and beauty or have a ghostly experience. We recommend Old Savannah Tours and Old Town Trolley Tours. Don't forget to take a Bonaventure Cemetery Tour both famous and hauntingly beautiful.
- Savor the flavor of the city by visiting one of the many great restaurants. With so many to choose from it is hard to pick a favorite. While there browse the surrounding unique galleries and shops filled with treasures including Red Clover Boutique. Enjoy a luxurious spa treatment at Spa Bleu or nail treatment at Sea Salt and Sugar.
- Discover the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace, a historic house museum, which was Savannah’s first landmark building and the childhood home of the Girl Scout founder. Enjoy a lively guided tour about one of Savannah’s leading families.
- Park the car and walk the city. Savannah is one of the greenest, most pedestrian-friendly cities in America. Visit some of the 22 beautiful park-like squares or take a stroll down the cobblestones on River Street and watch the ships.
- Some musts for families include visiting the Jepson Center’s hands-on ArtZeum, the Savannah Children’s Museum’s Imagination Station, and the American Prohibition Museum.
Best of Both Worlds
Located only 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah is Tybee Island. Visitors and locals alike love to head to the beach, where you can escape from the city, getaway, kick-back, relax, do nothing, and have fun! On Tybee, you can get in touch with nature, history, and yourself. There are sights to see such as the historic Tybee Island Light Station, the newly renovated Tybee history museum, the Pier and Pavilion, and many local galleries, shops, and restaurants. However, the main attraction is and will always be the sprawling beaches, beautiful sunsets, wonderful fresh seafood, and of course the people, that is, the 3200 locals who call Tybee home.
More Savannah Information
Our Vacation Homes
Savannah Vacation Collection
Upcoming Event Calendar
Things to Do
Activities and Attractions
Where to Eat
Savannah's Food Scene